NEFTA Winter League rules
Winter League rules
1. There will be three events, a 30 shot FT course, a 20 shot Silhouette range and a 10 shot Pistol range.
2. The entry fee will be £6.00 for all three events. The shooter can, if he or she so decides, shoot any or all of these events but the entry fee is set. Juniors (under 17 years) shall shoot for free.
3. The scores from the FT event will be recorded for the individual Grand Prix in 8 classes, 'AA', 'A', 'B', 'C', Freestyle (Open), Recoiling, SFT & Visitor. The Silhouette and Pistol Grand Prix are un-graded. Two scores will be dropped from the number of shoots scheduled.
4. There will be 2x Kneeling shots, 4x Standing shots & 2x 25mm Kills (10-35yds) & 1 x 15mm kill [10yds-25yds] in each 30 target course. Please note that if you can't kneel for the kneeling shots you must stand, if you can't stand then you must take a zero for that lane, alternatively you can enter the Freestyle Class (see 12. below)
5. As of 2016 NEFTA will introduce the use of kneeling rolls only on kneeling lanes. NEFTA will provide 1 Kurt Thune tapered kneeling roll and 1 rubber matt on the kneeling lane for every shooter to use. Alternatively if you prefer you can use your own kneeling roll as long as it’s a roll shape. The roll can be placed below the ankle to aid support, the rubber matt to keep the knee out of mud. Seat bean bags cannot be used in any shape or form on kneeling positions from this season onwards. If you feel the provided equipment will cause harm or personal injury do not use please refer to rule 4. The NEFTA Committee or hosting club cannot accept any liability for injury or damage with use of the provided equipment.
6. Team scores for all three events (FT, Silhouette and Pistol) will be the top four scores recorded by each Club.
7. Score cards - these must show the Name and Club of the shooter and must be signed by the shooter's partner, with his/her Name and Club, at the end of each discipline. SCORES FROM UN-SIGNED CARDS OR CARDS SIGNED BY A MEMBER OF THE SAME CLUB WILL NOT BE RECORDED. It is the shooters responsibility to ensure that his/her card is handed in to the stats office at the end of the days shooting. If a scorecard isn't returned the shooter will not record a score
8. Buddy marshalling system will operate - you must complete each discipline with a member of another Club. Shooters should be in pairs (except Juniors, see Basic Safety Rules) except in exceptional circumstances. Any shooter found to be causing undue hold-ups might be timed to 2 minutes per lane on F.T. and two and a half minutes per bank on Silhouettes.
9. If a person changes Club mid-season, their scores may not count for their new Club unless the first Club folds or they have the consent of both Clubs to do so.
10. Grading will be taken from the National grading list that is current at the first shoot of the season and these grades will hold for the whole seasons competition. The Recoiling class is un-graded. Any shooter who doesn't have a national grade at the start of the season or who has a grade based on two results or less will be given a grade after three scores have been recorded.
11. Recoiling class - definition of a recoiling rifle is: 'The rifle and stock must recoil as a whole when fired'. Please record the make/model of your rifle on your scorecard at the first event of the season which you take part in. This class will not be graded & your scores WILL NOT count towards the overall placings in the Winter League, the inter regional placings or the team scores for your club.
12. Freestyle (Open) Class - You may take all your shots from the any position or with a gun support such as a tripod or sticks, this class will not be graded & your scores WILL NOT count towards the overall placings in the Winter League, the inter regional placings or the team scores for your club. Trophies will be awarded for the Freestyle Class depending upon entry numbers. If using a tripod or a stick to support the rifle, then you must load the rifle once on the support, making sure the muzzle is over the firing line at all times.
13. 1 x 15mm target is to be introduced. The distance it can be put at is 10yds-25yds, also no target to be placed closer than 10 yds. Targets used will be 1 x 15mm.[10-25yds] 2 x 25mm.[ 10-35yds] 27 x 40mm[10-55yds].